Solar energy facts and figures
3. An archive number of solar modules had been transported final quarter (Q2 2013). 21% more solar segments were shipped in Q2 2013 than in Q2 2012 because of the top 20 solar power module providers. (There’s reasons or two for the.)
5. The common United states whom moved solar back 2011 (when solar ended up being much more high priced), will conserve about $20, 080 off their web electrical energy costs over twenty years by way of that choice (that’s $20, 080 after paying from the cost of the solar power system).
7. The average brand new Yorker whom went solar in those days will most likely save your self $31, 166, the typical Floridian $33, 284, in addition to typical Texan $20, 960… hence’s only when their solar methods don’t final over two decades (some solar systems in the field today have been working to factory specs for over 30 years).
8. The average Hawaiian which moved solar last year will probably save yourself about $64, 769 over 20 years, getting their cash back after 3–5 years and then having free electricity as long as the panels take their particular roofs.
9. Solar power offers a significantly better profits on return (ROI) than many “good opportunities” for tens or billions of Us americans. Homeowners, an average of, can get a much better ROI from going solar than from the S&P 500 stock list (considered a very good financial investment) in over 25percent says today. In ⅔ of states, solar power offers a far better normal ROI than 30-year treasury bonds. In 86% of says, your likely solar power ROI beats a 5-year CD (certificate of deposit). Have a look at story linked above for the full infographic on these issues, including state-by-state ROI.
12. People can get solar power for $0 or near $0 down. Really. In over a dozen states, there’s the solar power leasing or solar PPA choice discussed because story, but word on street is that there are additionally $0 loans avalable for people wanting to get solar.